Sunday 17 May 2015

Meditation: The Creator's dream

Creation
the whole of it
and every item in it
is part of our Creator's dream.

As I create, I dream of love; perfected love, 
enriched and 
complete love enfolding the whole of me, 
embracing every element of my making.
I am all and in all, surrounding and filling 
wise and self-aware spirits, each unique 
but all united, amplifying my love.

Love is not complete without a lover to love. 

So creation overflows with our creations - 
each part enriching and whole and sharing deeply 
in my love, reflecting your love to each other, who is me.

My children are children, new and unschooled 

and having to learn and suffer and commit; not 
beings programmed, already fulfilling my dream. 
Love is less when not freely given. Perfect love 
requires generous giving: and being perfect, 
each of you freely chooses to share your love 
for yourself, for each of our creations, and so for me.

Only then is my dream complete.


So I create you free - and in Time - watch each grow,

become more, add more, love more completely.
l have faith in each of you!
And I am in each, and with each, in each moment 
to guide, to support, to hope and to love.
In most moments you still ignore me, but in Time, 
and with my gifts of intuition, each one of you learns, and grows 
towards others, towards me, towards our unity in love.

The vision is perfect,

overflowing with love, wonders and beauty;
the eternal consummation of the Creator's unending now - 
even as we wait, in Time, for completion.


Suggestions for meditation
Always begin by offering your time to God: something like "My loving God, I love you with my whole heart and above all things. I give you this time when I am reaching out to you" and then a few moments reminding yourself of some of the blessings God has given you - the clear signs of God's love for you.

Read the mediation over slowly a couple of times.

Listen for Jesus' personal message for you.

If you would prefer a Bible reading I suggest John 17,20-23 - Jesus' prayer ...
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
  1. Read this passage or the meditation slowly a couple of times.
  2. What word of phrase jumps out to speak to you?
  3. Why? Try to put yourself into those words. Maybe imagine Jesus speaking, and reply.
  4. Then spend 5, or 10, or 20 minutes with those words, or the word LOVEYou might want to begin the meditation using the breathing exercise I suggest in We have two minds. After a minute or two focused on your breathing, move your focus to the word/s you have chosen. 
Each time your attention moves away from the word/s, push the distraction gently aside and return to the word ("without the intervention of analytical thought" as The Cloud of Unknowing puts it).

You may need a countdown clock. 

At the end thank God, and return to your day.



No comments:

Post a Comment